If you are preparing to send your son or daughter to college in the near future, the Southwestern Illinois College workshop, Parent 101, can help you understand the ins and outs of the college process.
This free workshop will be held Tuesday, April 30, from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Belleville Campus, Liberal Arts Complex, 2500 Carlyle Ave. The event is open to the parents or families of future college students in eighth through twelfth grades.
The informational presentation will Include:
– Timeline for preparing for college
– The financial aid process
– Earning college credit in high school
– Transferring courses to four-year universities
– Cost saving benefits of education and training at the community college
Check-in starts at 5:45 p.m. in the LAC Lobby.
To register online, visit https://swic.secure.force.com/events/#/list.
For more information, contact the SWIC Enrollment Services at 618-235-2700, ext. 5675, or toll free at 866-942-SWIC (7942), ext. 5675.