Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) is hosting a college fair on Sunday, February 24. The event will be held inside the Belleville campus varsity gym, from 1: 30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. This event is free for all students and is open to the entire community.
Some of the college fair resources include:
- Review college catalogs in respective high school guidance offices or visit the college websites before the fair. Develop questions to ask the representative at the fair.
- Select “must see” colleges in priority order. Allocate time at the fair to speak with each one.
- Attend workshops on financial aid and transfer planning, if applicable to one’s college needs.
- Visit out-of-area colleges first. Take the opportunity to learn about colleges, as well as colleges that are further away to visit. Talk to local colleges later in the fair when the lines are shorter.
- Pick up business cards of the admissions representative or handouts and jot notes on the back for follow-up later.
For more information, visit the following website, https://www.swic.edu/students/services/advising/college-fair/